Adore Your Natural Beauty With Skin-renewing Foods!
Nothing beats healthy skin. For most of you, the feeling of applying moisturizer to a bare face and strutting around confidently is a silly idea. You struggle to keep your skin healthy due to pollution, aging, and an unhealthy lifestyle. Ignore them if someone tells you that you can only have flawless skin if you use amazing skin-renewing skincare products or if you have good genes. In reality, skincare products or your genes only play a 20% role in your skin's health; the remaining 80% is determined by external factors such as sun damage and lifestyle. Aside from a good skincare routine, what you eat is also very important.
Nutrition is essential for good health. A poor diet can disrupt your metabolism, cause weight gain, and even harm your organs such as your heart and liver. However, what you eat has an impact on your skin too. What you put into your body will directly reflect on your skin, so if you want beautiful skin, always make healthy choices. In this blog, we will discuss some best foods for maintaining good skincare at home but before discussing the cures, it is better to look at the factors that lead to unhealthy skin.
Several Factors That Can Affect Your Skin
It's natural to see changes in your skin as you get older, but why? There are a few reasons that lead to aging and unhealthy skin.
Oxidative stress is a process that occurs when free radicals cause damage to your cells, and it plays a role in skin aging. Free radicals are produced by human metabolism, sun exposure, and lifestyle factors such as a highly-processed diet, alcohol consumption, and smoking.
Rise In Your Body’s Inflammation
When your body's inflammation levels rises, it can have a negative impact on your skin. A diet high in processed foods has been linked to an increase in the total body inflammation.
Your skin becomes dry when your cells become dehydrated. As a result, skin cells shrink. Dry skin can also be caused by dry weather, certain soaps, and overexposure to the sun.
Nutrients That Benefit Your Skin
For instance, Omega-3 fatty acids help your cells stay hydrated. Omega-3s can also facilitate the reduction of inflammation in the body. By bringing down free radicals in your body, antioxidants and phytonutrients can help protect your cells. So, what foods are high in omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and phytonutrients? Here are some foods that can rejuvenate your skin naturally.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids lower cholesterol while also reducing inflammation. They also help your skin retain its firmness by preserving collagen.
Fish is the best source of Omega-3s, here are some Omega-3-rich foods that are highly advisable for healthy skin:-
- Tuna is a type of fish that can be (bluefin and albacore)
If you don't eat fish, here are some Omega-3-rich plant-based alternatives:
- Ground flaxseed — Look for ground flaxseed. Whole flaxseed contains fewer nutrients than ground flaxseed. Flaxseed powder can be added to smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal.
- Chia seed pudding, smoothies, and homemade granola bars can all be made with chia seeds. Instead of your usual snacking nuts, try walnuts or almonds, or almond butter with a banana.
- Edamame — Toss in a salad or stir fry.
- Canola or soybean oil — Canola oil is great for baking, baking in the oven, and stir-frying.
Tomatoes contain a lot of lycopene, an antioxidant that can keep your skin smooth. They're also simple to incorporate into salads, side dishes, sandwiches, and sauces.
Vitamin C-rich Foods
Not only do some fruits and vegetables have antioxidants, but they also have adequate amounts of vitamin C. It can benefit wrinkle reduction. The following are some of the best vitamin C-rich foods for the skin:
- Citrus Fruits - Oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and limes are examples of citrus fruits.
- Green-leafy Vegetables - Choose from green, orange, red, or yellow bell peppers.
- Broccoli- It can be steamed or roasted (yes, roasted!) for a quick and healthy side dish.
- Tasty & Juicy Strawberries- They can be eaten raw or blended into a simple smoothie.
- Kiwi- For a fun twist, add some kiwi to your favorite fruit salad or make veggie kebabs.
Vitamin E-rich Foods
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that can protect cells from deterioration. The following are some of the best vitamin E-rich foods for your skin:
- Almonds: Add them to your snack mix or use them to make your trail mix.
- Sunflower kernels are a good alternative to sunflower seeds if you don't like the shells. Toss them in salads or bake them.
Do you know what polyphenols are? They are powerful antioxidants that can be found in a wide range of foods. Polyphenols are readily found in the following foods:
- Coffee or Green Tea: Polyphenols found in coffee and green tea help prevent photoaging and hyperpigmentation. Simply be aware of your body's caffeine tolerance.
- Grapes: Polyphenols such as phenolic acids and flavonoids can be found in grape seeds, grape skin, and grape juice
- Chocolate (especially dark chocolate) contains a type of polyphenol in addition to antioxidants and vitamins. They smooth out your skin's rough texture while also protecting it from the sun's rays. So, rejoice in the knowledge that you are allowed a few ounces of chocolate per day! Just make sure it's at least 60% to 70% cocoa.
Overall, eating a diet rich in plant-based foods while limiting processed foods and alcohol is the best way to care for your skin. If you eat these foods on a regular basis, you'll probably feel better, and your skin will show it. In addition to this, taking skincare treatments from time to time can give you excellent skin-related benefits.
However, it is also a bitter truth that due to your busy work schedule, visiting the beauty parlor can be quite difficult for you. Swagmee can understand your problem and that’s why we provide you the beauty with full convenience facilities. Yes! You heard the right, At swagmee, we provide you with the widest range of beauty care services just right to your doorstep at a pocket-friendly cost. So, what are you waiting for? Visit Swagmee’s website today and book yourself for a salon at home Munirka Village, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurugram, Noida & Greater Noida and reap the benefits of the best skincare treatments within your home’s comfort!
Some of the reasons why good skin care is important are as follows:
It helps in the maintenance of healthy skin because you shed skin cells throughout the day, it's critical to keep your skin glowing and healthy. A good skincare routine can help you avoid acne, treat wrinkles, and maintain the appearance of your skin.
Everyone should know the basic skincare guidelines.
- Cleanse Once, Then Cleanse Once More. Double cleansing entails washing your face twice instead of once.
- Always make sure to layer your products in the correct sequence.
- Determine Your Skin Type.
- Exfoliate if you've not.
- Always protect your skin from the sun.
The type of skin is determined by genetics, but it is influenced by other factors and can change over time. These are the five types of healthy skin based on these characteristics.
- Combination (both oily and dry skin)
- Sensitive skin
A good skincare routine consists of the following steps:
- It's time to wash your face. Every morning and night, rinse your face with water and then rub a small amount of gentle cleanser between your clean palms.
- Toner should be used.
- Apply a serum to your skin.
- Apply eye cream to your eyes.
- Make use of a spot treatment.
- Take care of your skin by moisturizing it.
- Retinol is a type of retinoid that is applied to the skin.
- Apply a light layer of face oil to your face.
Some foods for healthy & glowing skin are as follows:-
- Sweet potato
- Red & Yellow Bell Peppers
- Sunflower Seeds