Exfoliate Your Skin With 5 Incredible DIY Scrubs
Have you gone through numerous beauty treatments like facials, bleach, waxing, and whatnot but couldn’t achieve that vibrancy on your skin? Have ever tried to exfoliate your skin? Well yes, here I am referring to the body scrub that can be a one-stop solution for glowing & vibrant skin. Either you can visit a beauty parlour for opting for the salon facial services or hire a beauty expert service at your doorstep. The best thing is that you can also exfoliate your skin in the comforts of your interior by making some incredible DIY scrubs. Making a homemade scrub is as easy as making maggie. Sounds yummy right! I think you are distracted and feel like you are hungry. Well, a body scrub is not something that you can eat. In this blog, we will discuss, what a body scrub is and how can you make some amazing body scrubs with some easy & natural ingredients.
Let’s Understand What A Body Scrub Is?
A body scrub is a better way of achieving a glowing & vibrant body. Furthermore, rubbing your body with a body scrub can be the best way of relaxing and distressing your body. You can also book yourself for the salon facial services at home or you can buy several body scrubs that are available in the market or you can make some incredible DIY body scrubs with some simple ingredients that you will find in your kitchen for sure! Here are some recipes for making some interesting DIY body scrubs.
The aroma of one cup of coffee is undoubtedly amazing! Just like that, coffee scrubs are one of the famous DIY body scrubs for enlivening your skin. Its tiny granules will effectively remove the dead skin cells from your body.
- A half-cup of coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 1 tablespoon of hot coconut oil
- Pour some coffee grounds in the hot water into a bowl and mix it thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add some coconut oil to the mixture and mix it well until you get a thick and perfect consistency.
- Ta! Da! Your coffee scrub is ready. You can store the coffee scrub in a container.
Brown Sugar Scrub
Brown sugar is an affordable and easily accessible substance that exfoliates your skin effectively.
Brown sugar is more gentle on the skin than sea salt or Epsom salt. As a result, it's an ideal ingredient for people with sensitive skin. As the sugar granules may make your skin feel sticky, rinse completely after exfoliating.
- A half-cup of brown sugar
- A half-cup of your favourite oil. ( such as jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil, or grapeseed oil)
- You can take some essential oils ( this item is completely optional)
- Pour some brown sugar and oil into a mixing bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly, you can add some extra oil & brown sugar for achieving the right consistency.
- If you have essential oils, then add a few drops of them into the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- After you have reached a perfect and thick consistency and perfect aroma then, spoon the mixture into a jar.
Sea Salt Scrub
Salt has antibacterial properties that can help with a range of skin conditions. As the salt is a natural preservative, the sea salt scrub will last for a long time.
As the coarse sea salt can be irritating to your skin, use the crushed sea salt instead. For sensitive skin, sea salt scrubs may be too harsh. Also, if you have a cut on your skin, be cautious because the salt can sting.
As the salt has no aroma, you may choose to add your favorite essential oils to your DIY sea salt scrub.
- A half-cup of sea salt
- A half-cup of the oil of your choice ( such as jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil, or grapeseed oil)
- Few drops of your favourite essential oil
- Combine the sea salt with the oil into a mixing bowl
- Mix the mixture thoroughly with the help of a spoon
- You can add a few droplets of your favourite essential oils into the mixture
- If you are satisfied with the mixture’s consistency then you can contain the homemade body scrub in a bowl
Green Tea Sugar Scrub
Green tea, which is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory qualities, can help your skin in several ways. It may help to minimize the effects of sun damage on the skin. Along with other healthy components, it can easily be added to a DIY body scrub.
- 2 teabags of green tea
- A half-cup of hot water
- A half-cup of brown sugar
- One-fourth cup of melted coconut oil
- Teabags should be soaked in hot water. Allow the tea to steep until it has reached room temperature.
- While the tea is cooling, put brown sugar in a bowl.
- Combine the coconut oil and sugar fully.
- Once the sugar mixture has cooled, add the tea. The tea must be cold to prevent the sugar from dissolving.
- Add more coconut oil if the mixture is too crumbly. Add extra brown sugar if it's too wet.
- Spoon your scrub into a container once it has attained the correct consistency.
Honey Brown Sugar Scrub
Honey is antimicrobial in nature. The antioxidant and antibacterial qualities of honey may help you with a number of skin disorders. It may help eliminate bacteria on the skin as well as restore skin tissue and protect against UV damage. Honey, brown sugar granules, and oil can simply be combined to form a skin-nourishing body scrub. To avoid stickiness, cleanse your skin well after kneading the scrub into your skin.
- A half-cup of brown sugar honey
- One-fourth cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of honey
- In a mixing bowl, pour some brown sugar, coconut oil, and honey.
- Mix everything completely with the help of a spoon.
- Spoon your scrub into a jar once you've reached the correct consistency.
Only use these DIY scrubs on your body, not on your face. Your facial skin is more sensitive than the rest of your body's skin.
Exfoliating the skin in the following ways is not advisable:
- When your skin is sunburned
- Broken or chapped skin
- Swelling and red skin
- Chemical peel recovery
If you want to use essential oils in your body scrub, first run a patch test on your skin using diluted oil to make sure you aren't allergic to it. You can also go for the salon facial services if you have sensitive or very dry skin and you are not pretty sure about your body scrubbing skills or with your DIY body scrubs.
DIY body scrubs are quick and simple to prepare, and they're less expensive than store-bought scrubs. Cleanse, soften, and nourish your skin with these natural DIY exfoliants. When exfoliating your skin, always be careful, and exercise particular caution if your skin is sensitive or very dry. Furthermore, you can exfoliate your skin from a leading salon named Swagmee, which serves top-notch services at an affordable cost. So, how long will you wait? Book your appointment for a salon at home Vasant Vihar, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater Noida, and Faridabad, and enjoy the pleasures of soothing scrubs.
A few benefits that you can reap from a body scrub are:
- It exfoliates your body
- It brightens up your skin cells
- It results in smoother skin
- It prevents you from acne breakouts
It is advised to exfoliate your body 3-4 times per week.
You should exfoliate your body for around 5-10 minutes.
Yes, body scrubbing can be a simple way for removing stretch marks.
Yes, you can exfoliate your body after a body wash. In fact, a body scrub works efficiently on clean & dust-free skin.