What's in your makeup bag?
We all have a savior bag with us all the time whether it's small or large, if you are a makeup enthusiast you must have a complete makeup bag with you. Makeup enhances and alters your appearance, it is very important to use high-quality makeup products even if you apply a small amount of it, it does affect your skin.
But before applying any type of makeup or any product on your face it’s very important to know your skin type. Prep your skin before putting on any type of cosmetics and take suggestions from professionals, although prepping the skin doesn't mean just daily skin care or washing it before doing makeup. It is more than that taking regular salon sessions might help a lot in making your skin more healthy and supple as it will be taken care of by professionals, good skin doesn’t come so easily it takes a lot and if you want that glowing and radiant skin then take your salon sessions seriously. Wait, what? Got no time for your salon session? Don’t worry Swagmee salon at home has got you, get your session in your own house at your comfortable hours no need to spare time to go visit any salon, the home services have everything you want and need such as facial massage, o3 facial, facial spa, gold facial, facial bleach, full body massage, spa body massage, eyebrow threading, eyebrow shapes, bleach & de-tan at home, manicure pedicure, waxing hair removal services, etc you name it and we have it.
Apart from all these things you should also have knowledge about what you should purchase for your skin, randomly investing money on random things is not a smart thing to do, watch some makeup tutorial videos or take suggestions from professional artists to master the art of makeup. Grab the essentials and drop the inessential product because you don’t want to load your bag with unnecessary products.
What is in your makeup bag?
Moisturizer, foundation, lipstick, mascara, eyeliner and a color palette? Let us tell you what you are missing and what you should add to your makeup kit.
- Face Primer: You may think that you can replace your primer with any moisturizer and get the same effect but it is not true. Apart from moisturizing the face, it has many other benefits too. Your face looks smooth and even-toned and the makeup stays fresh all day long. Also it prevents the skin from acne and breakouts after makeup. Invest in a good primer. It might be a bit expensive but it will help you in many ways.
- Foundation: This might be a task for most of you to get the right shade of foundation for your skin tone. You have to consider a lot of factors when it comes to foundation such coverage, shade and undertones. If you are having trouble with choosing the exact foundation shade for your skin tone then you can take help from a professional makeup artist or can see Swagmee makeup tutorial videos. Many stores have makeup artists to help you get the right shade of foundation. It is better if you ask for a sample and do a patch test before buying it.
- CC cream or BB cream: for an everyday makeup look it is better to replace your foundation with any CC cream as it is lightweight and you can apply it with your fingers. The only problem with CC or BB cream is that it has a limited shade range. It is harder to find darker shades in these types of cream, you add one pump of your foundation to get your shade. But the major benefit with it is that most of these creams come with primer built in which primes and moisturizes your face.
- Concealer: concealer is a must-have product if you have acne or pigmented skin. It comes in sheer coverage and full coverage formulas. Find a shade that is closer to your foundation shade. Dark circles can be a little difficult to hide with normal concealer so if you have dark circles then try to go with peach or orange-toned concealer.
- Blush: Use pink and peach tones if you have a lighter skin tone or slightly a shade darker but if you have a darker tone then go with purple or maroon blush. Avoid heavy hands while applying blush. Pick something which gives a neutral look and avoid using too much product. Try to apply a blush on the apple of your cheeks towards the upper side. You can also see some Swagmee makeup tutorial videos for better application.
- Highlighter: Highlighter is very important if you want a heavy look or glamorous, you can avoid it in day time but if you want a bit of shine then you can apply a little bit of lighter shade. It's better if you test the product because finding the right shade depends upon the skin tone and undertone.
- Eyeliner: Eyeliner is a must for a finished look. You can go for black eyeliner for every skin tone. You can also go with brown and gray eyeliners if you have a light skin tone. The eyeliner comes in various colors and you can play with your favorite colour if your hands are properly set.
- Eyebrow pencil and brush: Eyebrows products come in different forms such as gel, pencil, powder, cream, wax and gel. Do your eyebrows with light hands and lighter shade just follow the natural shape and draw over it. Do not overdo your eyebrows even if you are going with a heavy look it will look clownish.
- Lipsticks: Try to apply natural colors or match them with your makeup. Avoid using liquid lipsticks instead use lip crayons. Apply some gloss if you want a glam look.
Buy products that go with your skin tone and undertone, whether it’s your foundation, lipsticks, eye shadow, blush or even highlighter. Because the wrong shades can really make your look weird and you do not want to look like a clown after hours of hard work. So, be a smart shopper and shop for those shades and products which compliment your skin tone.
- Foundation brush
- Eye shadow brush
- Brush for blush
- Eyebrow brush
- Cotton pads
- Pack things according to your skin tone and skin type. Do not go any shade higher or lower than your actual shade.
- Watch some makeup tutorial videos before investing in makeup products.
- Research the product before buying it and make sure it does not include anything which irritates your skin.
- Buy sample products before buying the actual product because you don’t want to waste your money on expensive products.
- Do not overload your bag with unnecessary products. Only pack essential things.
There are few makeup products that you have in your bag
You can avoid a few products which are not necessary. You just need a few essential products to have a simple and natural look.
- Wipe your product before putting it in the bag.
- Use cotton pads to protect your eyeshadow palette
- Check for the expiry date
- Keep brushes and tools packed
- Try to keep products of multiple uses.