Make a statement with your Long & Strong hair
Long & strong hair is the sign of a good immune system and a healthy body, but due to pollution and sun damage it becomes hard to maintain and you end up chopping it. Not more with Swagmee’s hair care services at home now you can keep your hair strong and protected without going out or visiting a salon.
Long hair comes with a lot of maintenance. So, if you want long hair you should be aware of its hair care regime
Turn down the Heat- Avoid blow dryers, straightening irons, hot curlers and other heat styling tools that take the shine off your hair and make it frizzy, dry and prone to breakage. Your hair strands become weak and results in hair fall. Even if you want to use such tools then use them with precaution like holding the hair dryer 6 inches away from the hair and keeping it moving do not place it on spot. Also, spray some heat spray before applying any heated machine. Lower the heat of your dryer instead of hot blow dry, turn the knob to cold air or minimize the heat effect. Apply hair serum after you finish ironing your hair.
Take your Vitamins- Your hair needs specific vitamins and minerals to be long and strong such as
- vitamin A: you can find this vitamin in sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, milk, eggs, etc.
- Biotin or vitamin B: Avocados, egg yolk, salmon, nuts, etc are rich in vitamin B or biotin.
- Vitamin C: Strawberries, bell pepper, oranges and all citrus fruits are a good source of vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: You can find Vitamin D in fortified foods like milk, egg yolk and fatty fish.
- Vitamin E: almonds, spinach, avocados and sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin E
- Iron- Eggs, red meat, spinach, lentils, etc.
- Zinc: Get zinc from pumpkin seeds, lentils, oysters etc.
If you are not willing to eat all these food items or any of these doesn’t suit you then you can consider taking multivitamin tablets and tablets for minerals & nutrients. Consult with your dietician or any health care professional before taking these supplements. Also, plan your meal, do not overload them with all the vitamins and minerals, take it in limited quantities and be consistent about the diet for quick and better results.
- Shampoo your hair twice a week: most shampoo contains sulfate which can strip your natural hair oil and reduce the oil from your scalp making it dry and flaky. Cleaning the scalp and hair is important but choose organic shampoos and wash your hair twice a week and when you feel that it is extremely oily and dirty. Also, oil your hair before shampooing it. Washing your hair on a regular basis will dry out the strands and make it weak and prone to breakage. Also, use less amount of shampoo and do not apply it directly on your scalp, dilute it in water and then apply it on your hair surface.
- Head massage: Scalp massage or head massage promotes blood circulation and boosts the health of your scalp, it increases the blood flow to the follicles. Massage your scalp daily for 5-10 minutes with or without oil and take one or two sessions of hair care services at home in Gurugram for extra healthy and strong hair. While massaging your scalp apply the pressure of your fingertips and massage it in a circular motion. You can also massage your hair while shampooing or you can also use a scalp massager or hair brush for the massage.
- Apply Hair mask: A hair mask is very important for frizzy and dry hair as it has lots of proteins and nutrients which are required for the growth and reducing the dryness from the hair. You can apply an egg yolk mask as it is rich in proteins that will make your hair follicle strong, it also stimulates hair growth. To make the egg yolk hair mask-
- Beat 3 egg yolks in a bowl depending on your hair length, and add 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Mix it well
- Let the mixture sit properly for a while, and apply it on your scalp and hair roots and tips.
- Cover it with a hair cap, and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it with a mild shampoo and apply some hair serum.
- Avoid hot water shower: Hot water bath may be soothing but is not good for your hair or body. The heat damages the hair root and the cuticles. Steam water results in dry, frizzy, and hair breakage. Rinse your hair with cool water or lukewarm water. It reduces inflammation and promotes blood circulation. It also moisturizes your hair and seals the cuticles.
- Apply aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and moisturizing elements also it is rich in vitamin A, C and E which promotes cell growth beneficial for both skin and hair. It is one of the easiest hair care at home. The formula deeply penetrates the scalp and makes it smoother and shiner. If you do not want to apply tube gel then you can go for natural pulp. Cut the stem into half, peel it apart and scrap all the gel into a bowl. You can also mix some oil into it and apply it as a hair mask or conditioner.
- Hot oil treatment: oils are the best friend of hair, it is very beneficial for hair growth and treating dry & frizzy hair. You can use any oil such as coconut oil, avocado, argan oil, rosemary oil, etc. for the hot oil treatment:
- Add 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil or any of your favorite oil and 2-3 tbsp of castor oil. You can use it according to your hair length. Keep one thing in mind the ratios are equal.
- Mix it in a glass bowl and pour the bowl into hot water, never heat the oil directly.
- Let the oil melt and warm for at least 2 minutes. Once it becomes hot and mixes properly wait till it sets to a lukewarm temperature.
- Apply it with a soft cotton ball on your scalp and massage it with your fingertips.
- Cover it with a shower cap and let the oil penetrate properly into your scalp and hair.
- Rinse yours with lukewarm water.
Vitamin B & D, Omega 3 and Zinc are the major factors for healthy hair. Consult with your doctor or dietician for extra supplements otherwise, you can get these vitamins and nutrients easily in natural food.
Trim your hair every month and whenever you see split ends. Also, do not rub your towel for drying your hair as it makes it tangled & frizzy which results in split ends. Pat dry or gently squeeze your hair.
If you have dry hair then wash it twice a week and if you have oily hair then you can wash it thrice a week or whenever it is extremely oily.
Heat oil massage and hair spa treatment at home is the best remedy for treating frizzy and dry hair. Also, avoid heated tools such as flat iron, curling iron and blow dryer.
Apply a heat spray before applying any kind of heated tools to your hair. Oil and massage your hair before washing it off and apply hair serum. Do not forget to condition it.