Facial Acids for winters
Your skin also needs hydration and nourishment as your body does. Not all types of acids are beneficial for your winter dry skin before using any of the acids consult it with your dermatologists or any professional. You can also visit Swagmee's website for skin care videos.
There are a few acids that do wonders for your skin such as
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid fills the skin with hydration and locks the mixture of the skin. Unlike other acids, it doesn't peel the dead skin but provides full hydration.
The use of hyaluronic acid with moisturizing cream or lotion retains the moisture of the skin. Lack of hydration leads the skin to excessive dryness, flakiness and allergies. This acid is recommended by every professional and dermatologist if you want smoother and softer skin. You can also correct the balance of your hyaluronic serum according to your skin type.
- Glycolic Acid: whether you directly apply this acid on your skin or not but your skin has been intaking this acid through other products such as your makeup exfoliants, cleanser or moisturizer. It gets rid of your wrinkles, acne, breakouts and hyperpigmentation. The acid is well known for exfoliating the top layer of the skin or dead skin cells. For dull and sensitive skin you can use it in a form of cream or other products formulated with glycolic acid. This acid is a good product to treat dry and dull skin in winters. It is more gentle and free of chemicals than any other cleanser or scrubber. You can also apply glycolic acid to your dark and patchy areas to make them bright and healthy.
- Lactic Acid: Lactic acid is best known for skin exfoliation and moisturization. If you are looking for any product which is good for exfoliating and moisturizing at the same time then you should go for lactic acid. Its name pretty much defines its source lactic acid as a milk-based product that carries a cleansing and moisturizing element. People who have sensitive skin can use this acid without any hesitation as it doesn’t cause any type of irritation to the skin and helps in reducing hyperpigmentation and peeling dead skin. One of the best products to add to your winter skincare kit.
- Mandelic Acid: Mandelic acid has anti-aging agents which fight wrinkles, fine lines and ageing. It rejuvenates the skin by eliminating the small skin cells which trap dead skin cells. It boosts collagen and increases the elasticity of the skin. Winters are usually dry and dull the skin cells. Applying mandelic acid will boost the skin cells and will make it smoother and softer and will give you young skin. Specially used for winter dry skin.
- Kojic acid: Kojic acid is made from mushrooms and fermented rice. It helps in reducing dark spots, pigmentation, freckles and skin discoloration. Winter usually makes the skin dull and patchy. Kojic acid makes the skin brighten, it is basically for whitening the skin. It plays with the production of melanin in the skin, it deeply gets absorbed in the skin and controls the production of melanin. You can use it in winters to get rid of dull and dark skin, it does not affect your natural skin moisture at all.
Charge your acid on your palm, do not apply it directly on your face. Take a few drops of acid on your palm, rub it and gently pat it on your skin to make sure you do not skip your skincare routine. For any help and extra guidance you can contact Swagmee professionals, you can simply visit the website, call or drop a mail.
We advise you to take proper guidance and consultation from your dermatologist or professionals. Do proper research before applying any type of product on your face because not all acids and serums are meant for every skin type. Also, do a patch test before applying any product.