Add some more benefits to your skincare routine with Facial massage
All we think about is healthy and glowing skin and spending thousands of bucks on it but have you ever thought about facial features or facial structure? Yes, you can definitely enhance your facial features with some useful facial exercises. Facial massage basically relaxes and rejuvenates your facial muscles. But before starting it or to add in your daily regime follow a few instructions from professionals or also watch some Swagmee’s massage tutorial video to get proper guidance.
Why facial massage?
- Controls anti-aging & wrinkles - Apply some anti-aging cream on your face and massage your face with a face massager for 1 minute daily, you can use a Jade roller and Gua sha for the therapy or any anti-aging face massager. The result will be visible within 10 days as the facial massage will let the skin absorb the product easily and deeply into the skin. Also, it will tighten the skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Prevents acne: Any type of massage balances blood circulation and helps in reducing acne and other skin problems. The massage drains out the impurities from the skin and makes it healthy and glowing. You can use your favorite oil or any cream or lotion recommended by professionals. Do not go hard on your skin, massage gently for a minute or 2 and avoid sensitive areas.
- Glowing skin: Massage helps in stimulating your face muscle and tightens the skin, making it supple and boosting circulation. Moreover, it lets your skin breathe and you feel a touch of freshness and relaxation after a facial massage.
- Blood circulation: Many well-established clinics and professionals have stated that facial massage can really improve your blood flow and help the skin glow. Massage your skin with a jade roller or some other massaging tool and see the results within 10-15 days. Facial massage not only takes care of your skin but also helps with nausea and headaches.
- Fades scars: With enhancing and rejuvenating your skin cells it also relieves tension. Massaging the scar and the near area helps in creating blood flow and flattens the skin.
It also helps in reducing pain, allergies and burning sensations.
Techniques for doing facial massage:
- Always follow circular motion techniques whether you use your fingers or any other facial tool.
- Use your palm and fingers when massaging the side of the face and always push it in an upward direction.
- Gently glide your finger on the brow bone and start from inner to outer, pinch your eyebrows.
- Press between your eyebrows with your thumb and gently glide back to the hairline. You can use the small part of the jade roller you are using, roll in the middle of your eyebrows and push it in the backward direction towards the hairline.
- Place your index and middle finger under your cheekbones and push them towards your temples.
- If you are doing the massage for a while then you can add some more pressure to your face. You can use your knuckles and press them towards your nose and cheeks to your ears.
- Gently pinch your skin from your chin to your ears, and repeat it twice on each side.
- Press the outside of your jaw towards your chin.
- Do not forget areas near your face, gently press your earlobes and massage in a circular motion under your earlobes.
- Use any two fingers and massage your neck from an upward to a downward direction.
- Gently tap your skin with your fingers and focus on the fleshy areas. Use acupressure and watch some facial massage videos to know the exact acupressure point.
Facial massage can be really helpful to get glowing and rejuvenating skin within a few weeks. You can actually enjoy the process when you start seeing results.
Do not massage your face without applying facial cream or face oil. Make sure your skin is damp and moisturized, it is better to moisturize your hands and clean your tools before starting the process.