Self Treatment To Prevent Skin From Pigmentation
Pigmentation or toning is when a few areas of the skin are darker than the rest. It can also cover larger areas and sometimes the entire body which will make the entire skin of the body look uneven. It can happen because of the increase in melanin in our bodies. Melanin is the natural pigment that gives our body a natural color to the hair, eyes and skin. But with Swagmee salon at home you can give your skin a fresh and non-pigmented tone with few appointments. There are plenty of reasons for the increase of melanin in the body, some of the major ones are:
- Hormonal Changes: This type of influence is mainly found in women due to their sex hormones when they overproduce melanin and this happens due to sun exposure, it can also be caused after hormonal treatments like PCOD or PCOS.
- Factor: Another factor of pigmentation or hyperpigmentation is age. As you age the number of melanin-producing cells reduces but the old cells keep on enlarging in size and result in hyperpigmentation which is often seen as age spots or dark spots on those who are above 40.
- Sun exposure: Sunlight triggers the making of melanin, it is said that melanin is a natural sunscreen that protects the skin from harmful UV rays but extreme sun exposure can result in hyperpigmentation as it damages the process. If you already have dark patches or pigmentation then the exposure will make it worse.
- Inflammation and injuries: Most of the pigmentation occurs due to skin injuries such as cuts, chemical exposure, burns and acne. The skin becomes dark and leaves a scar after healing.
- Strong Medication: Drugs like antibiotics, anti-seizures, anti-inflammatory, heavy metal and chemotherapy drugs can result in hyperpigmentation.
Pigmentation can be treated at home if followed constantly. Some of the treatments to be done at home are:
Use apple cider vinegar: (for dry and oily skin types)
- Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of water in a bowl.
- Apply the solution on your dark undertone areas and leave it for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
- Practice this method twice a week for better results.
Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel contains a depigmenting element that lightens the dark area.
(for all skin types)
- Apply aloe vera gel on pigmented areas you can also add any natural oil of your choice.
- Keep it overnight.
- Rinse it with normal tap water in the morning.
- Repeat it daily for quick results.
Use Onion: Red onion contains Allium Cepa which results in reducing hyperpigmentation:
(for dry, normal and oily skin)
- Squeeze out the onion juice in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to reduce the burning sensation
- Apply on your dark areas and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse it with cold water.
- Repeat it thrice a week.
Use green tea:
(for all skin types)
- Steam a green tea bag for 3-4 minutes
- Drain the water and pour it into an ice tray to refrigerate it for further use.
- Rub the leftover bag on your dark patches for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it with cool water.
- You can rub the ice cubes under your eyes before going to bed.
Use Black tea:
( for all skin types)
- Boil a teaspoon of black tea in water.
- Strain the water and let it cool.
- Dip a few cotton balls and apply to hyperpigmented areas for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse it with tap water.
- Repeat it twice a day for better results.
Use Milk: Milk contains lactic acid which helps in lightening the dark areas.
(for dry and normal skin)
- Soak a few cotton balls in the milk.
- Rub it on your pigmented areas for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Wash it with cool water.
- Repeat the process twice a day till you see the results.
Use Tomato paste:
(for all skin types)
- Make a puree of 1 tomato and add some turmeric, and give it a good mix.
- Apply on the dark areas and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with tap water and pat dry with a lint fabric.
- Repeat it thrice a week for better results.
Use red lentils: Lentils or red masoor dal is rich in antioxidants which help in reducing hyperpigmentation.
(for all skin types)
- Soak a handful of lentils in water.
- Grind it into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste all over your face and darker areas and keep it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash it with cool water and pat your skin dry.
Apart from facial remedies you also need to take care of your diet, just outer care isn’t enough you need to detoxify from the inside as well. Some foods which can help you in reducing your hyperpigmentation are
- Avocado: avocados are rich in antioxidants that protect the skin from sun damage and hyperpigmentation. It includes vitamin E and C which helps the skin to boost collagen and prevents any damage.
- Carrots: carrot acts like a natural sunblock as it has beta carotene and provitamin A.
- Fish: fishes like salmon and herring are rich in omega 3 which protects the skin from harmful UV rays and reduces inflammation.
- Water: water is a great source of detoxifying your body and makes your skin look fresh and healthy. It flushes out toxins, makes your skin supple and keeps your cell hydrated.
- Nuts: nuts & seeds are rich in nutrients such as zinc, vitamin E and omega 3 which makes your skin healthy and bright.
- Citrus fruit: citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C which helps your skin look younger and reduces pigmentation. Fruits like grapes, lemons, oranges, and kiwis come under citrus fruit. Do not mix these fruits with other fruits like bananas or apples as it causes trouble in digestion.
Salon sessions are equally important for healthy and even skin. Hyperpigmentation can be cured quickly if salon sessions are taken regularly. You can go for facials, cleanups and massages to reduce the scars. Though it can be a bit time-consuming and can take several sit-ups the results will be unbelievable as professionals have experience and they know exactly what to do and what to apply on your skin, you can take Swagmee salon at home Noida, Ghaziabad, Gururgram, Faridabad and Delhi. Parlour sessions can cure most of your problems such as reducing scars, acne, dark circles, clogged pores, sun damage, tanning and many other problems.
Dermatologic treatment is the best way to lighten hyperpigmentation. It includes laser treatment, chemical remedies and other scientifically proven treatments to get rid of dark patches.
Regular cleanups and facials can reduce the dark patches and pigmentation if done carefully. There is always a matter of tension when it comes to getting the best salon treatments but it obviously comes with a high price. Well, now Swagmee has brought salon at home Noida, Delhi, Gurugram at a reasonable price at your doorstep. Get lavish treatment at your own home.
Cosmeceuticals that contain Kojic Acid, Vitamin A and Alpha Hydroxy Acids are the best treatments for hyperpigmentation as it reduces excess melanin production, rejuvenate and promote cell turnover and peel the dead skin to soften the skin.
Use lightning products that are dermatologically recommended, and use products that contain moisturizing agents and are good for cell turnover. Also, make sure to use products that contain hyaluronic acid and glycerin to protect your skin from harmful sun rays.
Include lactic acid products in your diet such as milk or buttermilk. Eat fruits that are rich in vitamins C, and K, antioxidants, and minerals such as Oranges, Kiwis, Pomegranate, Papayas, Lemons, Cucumbers, Mangoes, Apples and Watermelon. These fruits help in reducing acne spots and rejuvenate your skin and give you a glow.